Reasons for moving from Bangladesh to China for higher education
• World class at low cost Study opportunities are available.
• Opportunity to live at low cost.
• China is a country rich in cultural heritage.
• Most universities in China are public.
• A number of excellent scholarships are available.
• After studying in China, internship and job opportunities are available in various world-class companies.
• Getting a visa to China is relatively easy.
• Study opportunities are available in world's top ranking universities.
• The country with the best economy in the world is China.
• Chinese educational institutions offer credit transfer facilities to other countries around the world.
• The teachers are very caring towards the students. They regularly take the news of the students' studies through small messages or social media.
• There are currently more than 20 million students studying in more than 3,000 universities and colleges in China.
• Bangladeshi students who have completed their studies in China are given preference for employment in Chinese-owned companies operating in Bangladesh after their studies.
• It is easy to get visas for other countries for further higher education after studying from China.
• To study in China you don't have to show a lot of money in your bank account like in other countries.
• There is an opportunity to study in China with a scholarship after completing the diploma.
China's Education System for Bangladeshi Students
• Higher education programs in China are conducted in two semesters. These are September and March intake respectively.
• Scholarships are given to Bangladeshi students for Diploma, Bachelor, Masters, and PhD from various educational institutions in China every year. There are different types of scholarships. Tuition Fee+Hostel Fee+Monthly Allowance is provided in some educational institutions. Tuition fee + hostel fee is also paid in some educational institutions. Some institutes only pay 4 years of tuition fees.
• 90 percent class attendance is required.
• In case of Bangladeshi students, there is an opportunity to take classes entirely in English.
• Educational institutions offer free Chinese language and culture classes in addition to regular classes.
• Diplomas are usually taught in Chinese and English.
• Honours, Masters, PhD can be studied in both Chinese/English medium.
• 30-50% marks in exams are on class activities.
Cost of studying in China from Bangladesh -
Tution fees in public universities for Bangladeshi students :
Generally the average tuition fee for Bangladeshi students in Chinese public universities is between 2,500 to 10,000 USD/academic year. Many universities offer some programs with no tuition fees.
Tuition fees in private universities for Bangladeshi students :
Private universities usually have higher tuition fees for Bangladeshi students. Most courses cost under 30,000 USD/year, with some MBA programs costing more than 40,000 USD/year. However, some students do not have to pay tuition fees because of the scholarship system.
Living costs in China for Bangladeshi students :
- Beijing is the most expensive city in China and a Bangladeshi student will need 1,000 to 1,200 USD/month to cover expenses in this city.
- Shanghai and Shenzhen are the second most expensive cities in China, where a Bangladeshi student costs between 850 and 1,200 USD/month.
- In all other Chinese cities, an international student can survive on 600 - 1,000 USD/month.
Accommodation cost of Bangladeshi students in China -
The most common accommodation options in China for Bangladeshi students are:
Foreign Student Hall of Residence - Prices range from 150 to 400 USD/month.
Renting a flat – ranges from 300 to 1,000 USD/month (depending on the city, location of the apartment and amenities included) for a one-bedroom apartment.
Living with a Chinese family – costs between 350 to 550 USD/month.
Food expenses of Bangladeshi students in China -
Generally, educational institutions in China have cooking facilities for international students in their dormitories.
A meal at a university canteen, a small local restaurant or a fast food chain usually costs between 1 and 4 USD. Mid-range dining options (priced between 4 and 7 USD) feature both Chinese and international cuisine.
If buying food from a local supermarket, the cost will be around 170 - 200 USD/month. International students can also shop from international chain supermarkets like Walmart, Carrefour, Auchan or Metro. Also, fruits and vegetables can be bought from the fresh market for only 2 - 3 USD.
Vehicle Cost of Bangladeshi Students in China -
China has excellent public transport at very low prices.
Metro Ride Cost : 0.5 USD
Taxi cost per km : 0.33 USD
City bus fare : 0.3 USD
Scholarship Benefits for Bangladeshi Students in China
• Chinese Government Scholarship. Confucius Scholarship.
• Provincial Government Scholarship.
• Belt and Road Initiative Scholarship. •University Scholarship.
How can Bangladeshi students apply for Chinese scholarships?
Applying for scholarships in China is a little different than other countries. Generally, application can be done by visiting the scholarship website or the university website and following some processes. But as this is a very sensitive and difficult process, it is necessary to take the help of experts. In this case, educational institutions have their own representatives in Bangladesh. Atlas Study Consultants is officially working with numerous universities and has successfully assisted numerous students in the past.
Which subjects do Bangladeshi students get scholarships in China?
Scholarships are available in almost all subjects except medical. Most scholarships are available for engineering, science subjects and commerce subjects.
Chinese student visas for Bangladeshi
The Chinese government issues X category visas for foreign students. If a student wants to study in China for 6 months/longer than that, he/she needs to obtain a visa from the Bangladeshi Chinese Embassy.
Process to Apply for Chinese Visa
• Apply for a visa at the nearest Chinese embassy one month before going to China.
• Along with the visa application form you will be asked to provide other documents that prove your eligibility.
• The application form must be duly filled by you.
• No tampering can be done in the application form.
• If you are under 18 you must have a parent sign on your behalf.
• In case of your visa application, you have to go to the Chinese Embassy in person and submit the application form and documents.
• Do not send documents at all by courier / post.
From the beginning of the visa application to complete the entire process, it is necessary to take the help of experts. In this regard, Atlas Study Consultants is acting as a trusted medium. We provides all types of visa facilities to a foreign student.
Documents required for China visa application -
• Completed visa application form.
• Recent passport size photograph. (one copy)
• Physical fitness certificate.
• One original copy and one photocopy of JW201 / JW202 sent by Ministry of Education of China.
• One original and one photocopy of the admission notice sent by the university.
• Copy of that visa if you ever got a visa in China before. • A cover letter from the institution last studied.
• Photocopy of personal information page of passport.
Chinese visa fee for Bangladeshi -
• Single entry : 2650 bdt (normal), 5650 bdt (urgent).
• Double entry 4000 bdt (normal), 7000 bdt (urgent).
• Multi-entry for 6 months - 5300 bdt (normal), 8300 bdt (urgent).
• Multi-entry for 12 months - 8000 bdt (normal), 11000 bdt (urgent).
Chinese student visa in Covid-19 situation
The global situation of covid-19 is going on. In this dire situation, China is following a zero-covid-19 policy. Therefore, China has stopped issuing visas for a long time. Hopefully, China's visa process has opened up with some countries in the near future and many students have entered China to study. Bangladeshi students are currently taking classes online, but embassies and universities are giving positive signals. It is expected that Bangladeshi students will be able to return to their campuses in China very soon.